No, the Physical Web is an open-source project. Google initiated the project, and the integration into Chrome and Nearby gives the project a huge tailwind, but it has a life of its own. Want to contribute or put your own spin on it? The source code is available for anyone to download from Github.
Articles in this section
- Is There More to the Physical Web Than Content?
- Exactly How Does PHY.net Relate to the Physical Web?
- What Other Tools Can I Use with the Physical Web?
- Where Do I Get Content to Put on the Physical Web?
- Is It Possible to Track People on the Physical Web?
- What About Privacy on the Physical Web?
- Is the Physical Web a Google Product?
- What’s the Difference Between the Web and the “Physical Web”?
- Why Is the Physical Web Said to Be Disruptive?
- What Makes It Such an Important Technology?