There are 3 different types of scheduling in this platform:
- Action Date Range: Schedule a beginning and ending date/time for an individual action
- Action Recurring: Schedule an individual Action to recur on specific days of the week and/or during specific periods of the day.
- PhyID Event: Replaces all of the Actions on a PhyID with newly selected or created actions during a designated time period.
Action Scheduling "Date Range"
When building any type of Action, on the "Edit Action" page, you will always have the option of scheduling a date and time when that Action will become active on a page and a date and time when it will expire.
You activate this feature by selecting the "Date Range" box and then by using the calendar and time selectors to choose a "Range Start Date" and then a "Range End Date."
Be sure and double check the "Timezone" and adjust ti if necessary. The schedule will operate according to the selected timezone.
Action Scheduling "Recurring Event"
When you build an Action, you will also have the option of making it a Recurring Event.
For example, it the Action is to call you service number, then you might want to schedule it to appear only on M-F, between 7am-7pm, when agents are available to take calls. Alternately you might want a Monday lunch special to appear only on Monday's during lunch.
You activate this feature by selecting the "Recurring Event" box and then selecting "Choose Days of the Week" followed by the time period when you want the recurring event to be active.
Tip: You can use "Date Range" and "Recurring Event" scheduling together.
PhyID Event Scheduling
PhyID scheduling is for when you want an entirely new set of Actions on your page during a fixed period of time.
For example on a special holiday, you might want to take all visitors to a different set of actions, or maybe directly to a single action.
To set up a PhyID Event, you use the [Schedule] tab at the top of the Page, and then select the PhyID you want to schedule.
- Choose the Event Name
- Select the Event's Start date and time
- Select the Event's End date and time
- Add existing actions or create new actions for the event
You will be able to return, delete, or edit events by using their name.
Don’t forget to save!
Additional Note: Color Coding
To help manage scheduled actions, they are color coded with a tab on the left of each Action on the "Editing PhyID" page.
- Dark Green means that they always show (i.e. Persistent)
- Light Green means that they are scheduled and are currently visible to users. (i.e. Active)
- Yellow means that they are scheduled for the future, but are not currently visible on a page. (i.e. Future)
- Red means that an action is expired and will not show again unless the scheduled times are updated.
You are also able to select a View that filters by scheduling type.