The Phy platform’s unique ability to preview multiple actions on a single touchpoint transforms the QR experience. Now people can see previews of multiple content options, rather than a single, blind link. We call each of these options “Actions” in the Phy platform, and they’re simple to create.
In your account, click on the PhyID of your QR code. Every new PhyID comes with 1 action already assigned to it. Follow these steps to add more:
- Click the “Add another Action” button.
- Give the action a name in the “Action Name” field.
- For “Action Type,” choose “Link.”
- Add a web address for this action (including “https://“). If the preview is tapped, the user will be taken to this URL.
- Click the green “Fetch Data” button. If you are satisfied with the metadata in the “Preview Content” section, skip to Step 9. If you don't like what you see (or if you don't see anything within 5 seconds, which usually means a problem with the website's metadata), continue to Step 6.
- For “Preview Content,” upload a preview image.
- Enter a title to display in the preview.
- Add a description.
- Click the blue “Save and Add” button to save this Action.
- Now you’re on the PhyID page. Click the “Save Settings” button to save that Action to the PhyID or add other Actions.
Congrats! You just made an Action and saved it to your QR code. Easy, right?
Now scan your QR code again. You should see the “Welcome to Phy” preview – and the new preview you just made.
Actions are stored in your Actions Library and can be reused on any touchpoint – QR codes, NFC tags, and Bluetooth Physical Web beacons.
Actions aren’t limited to just web links. They can do just about anything – including business chat, link to product info, videos, audio, social, etc. Make changes anytime, and they appear the instant you save.
Need more help?
Just tap the "Help" button on our website or when logged in. You can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.