An Action is one of the many types of links or content elements that you may associate with a PhyID (your shortened URL). Most of the time, Actions are links, but not always, so we call them Actions.
Types of Actions include:
- Call - Initiates a telephone call to a predesignated telephone number.
- File - Links to a PDF, Image, or file that is uploaded to and hosted on the Phy platform.
- Email - Launches an email with a pre-designated email address, subject, and text.
- Link - Connects to a URL link.
- Microsite - Connects to a Phy hosted website build with the platform's Microsite builder.
- SMS - Launches a pre-designated text message to a pre-designated tel number.
- Webhook - This Action is more for developers and is interactive. For example, it can turn on the lights, act on a program, or interact with an IoT device.
We will be adding more Actions in the future. Let us know if there is an Action you need that we do not offer.