The Action Library is where all of the Actions for your account are stored. Each Action created is stored there automatically.
Actions may be parked for later use, and they may be used on multiple pages or apps simultaneously.
If you edit an action that appears in multiple apps, then the changes will automatically update all these apps.
Use the copy button to create a different version of an action if you want to administed them separately in different apps. Be sure to add tags to name actions smartly to keep them organized.
Below is a screen shot of the Action Library:
Tips for using the Action Library:
- You access the Action Library under the [Actions] tab.
- Actions are listed and are sortable by Name and by other header columns, including the Date Last Modified.
- Because an Action can be used on more than one page, each gives a number count of how many pages it is In-use on.
- Actions are also filtered by the tags, name or action type associated with each action. Enter one or more filters in the boxes at the top at the page and the Library will be filtered to show only the Actions with the associated filters.
- Each action has a "copy" icon to duplicate it and a trash icon to delete it from the library.
- Make a copy of an Action and give it a different name if you want a slightly different version.
- You can use the [Add New action] button to create an action in advance of assigning it to a Page (i.e. App ID).
- Actions are reusable:
- The same action can be used on different App IDs and the platform will track the performance separately.
- When you update an Action, it will be updated everywhere it appears.
- Actions deleted from an App ID will remain in the Action Library for later use. They may be modified before reuse.