The Action Library is where all of the Actions for your account are stored. Each Action is stored there automatically when it is created.
Note: If you create an Action in an App, but forget to save it to that App, it is still in the Library. You can use the [+ Existing Actions] control to add it back from the Library.
Actions may be parked for later use, and they may be used simultaneously on multiple pages within an App and in multiple Apps.
If you edit an Action that appears in multiple apps, then the changes will automatically update all these Apps.
Use the [copy] button to create a different version of an Action if you want to administer it separately in different apps. Be sure to add tags and to name Actions smartly to keep them organized.
Below is a screen shot of the Action Library:
Tips for using the Action Library:
- You access the Action Library under the [Library] navigation header.
- Actions are listed and are sortable by Name, Date Last Edited, and other column headers. If you were just working on an Action and lost it, then sort by date-last-edited to find it quickly.
- Because an Action can be used on more than one page, each gives a number count of how many pages on which it is in use.
- Actions are also filtered by tags, name, or action type.
- Each action has a "copy" icon to duplicate it and a trash icon to delete it from the library.
- Note that deleting an Action from the Library will permanently delete it from the platform and from all uses.
- Make a copy of an Action and give it a different name if you want a slightly different version.
- You can use the [Add New action] button to create an action in advance of assigning it to an App.
- Actions are reusable:
- The same action can be used on different App IDs and the platform will track the performance separately.
- When you update an Action, it will be updated everywhere it appears.
- Actions deleted from an App ID will remain in the Action Library for later use. They may be modified before reuse.