A Progressive Web App (PWA) is a web app that leverages a smartphone's browser to deliver an app-like experience to users on both iOS and Android.
Every Page build on this platform (i.e. PhyID) can optionally be a PWA that will automatically prompt a user install the app on their home screen. Thus, a PWA can be built and distributed in minutes.
Qualities of PWAs include:
- Work across browsers and phone types (including iOS and Android).
- App-like functionality and navigation
- Low-friction installs via a link that does not go through an App store.
- Accessible via a smartphone icon and app name.
- Off-line functionality for poor internet areas.
- Safe HTTPS connections to prevent snooping and content tampering.
- Automatic updates
- Automatic user install prompts.
Use cases include:
- Event, festival, training, or workshop app.
- Personal app for realtors or other relationship salespersons.
- Instant, in-store shopping app
- Instant install, product app with links to all available resources
- Tour app
- Personal agenda app with links to travel, lodging, ticket and and activities.