Each App ID in an account represents an individual mobile website and Progressive Web App.
Adding new IDs or removing unwanted ones is simple.
Starting on the "Apps" page, with is the page that list all of the Apps in your account, click the [Add More Apps] at the bottom of the page to open a new window with three options for adding new IDs.
The "Create Vanity App ID" function will allow you to create an ID and then choose from a selection of platform domains to create a custom and unique URL. Below, pairing the custom ID "mynewID" with the domain "quicklinks.to" will create the custom URL "https://quicklinks.to/mynewID."
The next option is to add multiple random URLs to your account. Use the "Generate Random App IDs" function to create and add new URLs to your account. Simply enter the number you want to add, choose the domain, and the click the [Add App IDs] button.
- There is a limit of adding 10 at a time, but you can contact us for bulk adds.
- Some plan types may limit the number of IDs you can have in an account.
- If you are on a plan that bills per ID, they will automatically be prorated for the period of time they are in your account.
If you have existing IDs that are not in another account they can be added to you account by clicking the bottom [BulkAdd App IDs] option. This will open new window, where you can type or paste one or more existing IDs to add them to your account.
Removing App IDs:
To remove an ID (i.e. URL) from your account, you simply need to go to its 'Editing" page and click the [Remove this ID from my account] button at the bottom of the page.
If you want to remove several IDs at a time, then select all of the IDs you want to remove, and then use the [Bulk Action] feature.
- You must have administrative level permission to remove IDs from an account.
- Removing an ID will clear all settings and remove it from your account, though associated Actions will remain in the Library.
- Once removed from an account, an ID is available for another account to claim. This is useful when transferring to another account.
- Removing a ID immediately stops new charges from accruing for that PhyID and charges are prorated for the month.
- Removing all IDs from an account will effectively terminate that account.