A Text (SMS) Action has two basic modes of operation: Capture and Share
Capture - This mode initiates a text message from the user’s phone to a telephone number you enter into the Action. Use this mode to control the text-to number such as when the messages come back to you or in applications where you want to capture telephone numbers.
Share - This mode initiates a text message but lets the user choose who the message goes to. Use this mode to promote the sharing of this app to friends or associates of the user.
To create a Test (SMS) Action, begin by selecting [New Action] from the "Editing" page to open the below modal. Then follow these steps:
- Choose Action Type "Text (SMS)".
- Name the Action to later find it in the Action Library
- Choose whether to enter a destination number (i.e. capture or share mode)
- Enter the destination telephone number to direct the text to a specific number
- Leave it blank if you
- Enter any message you want to be pre-populated
- Add the URL of this app if you have left the destination number blank and want to help users to share the app.
- Enter the Action's metadata (i.e. Title, Description, and Preview Image), which is your call-to-action message to the user. You can use any one or combination of the three.
- Review the "Preview Action" to make sure you like the look of the Action. If you have an image, you will also have the option of a Hero or Side image position. Try both.
- Schedule the Action if appropriate
- [Save] the Action to the Library, which will return you to the Editing page.
- Review the position of your new Action on the page, move it if needed, and then [Save] the page.