A Feed Action allows a user to subscribe to an RSS Feed to create an Action that automatically updates as new content is added to the feed. It is a great way to keep an app or page fresh.
To create a Feed Action, begin by selecting [New Action] from the "editing PhyID" page to open the below window. Then follow these steps:
- Choose Action Type "Feed."
- Name the Action to later find it in the Action Library
- Paste in the feed URL to which you want to subscribe. (e.g. https://williamsonsource.com/feed)
- Enter the Action's metadata (i.e. Title, Description, and Preview Image), which is your call-to-action message to the user. You can use any one element or combination of two or three. Be aware that this metadata will automatically be replaces by updates from the Feed.
- Review the "Preview Action" to make sure you like the look of the Action. If you have an image, you will also have the option of a Hero or Side image position. Try both.
- Schedule the Action if appropriate
- [Save] the Action to the Library, which will return you to the Editing PhyID page.
- Review the position of your new Action on the page, move it if needed, and then [Save] the page.