This platform allows you to create a rich, multi-action experience, and to turn that experience into a progressive web app (PWA) in seconds.
A PWA is a mobile-first website with the characteristics of an app.
- works across mobile, tablet, and desktop devices
- is an app and a website at the same time
- installs on a user's home screen
- has an icon and short name
- works off-line
- allows push messages
- has in-app navigation
- can be shared across any channel
- is discoverable by search engines and has SEO
In order to make your app an installable PWA, first go to the "PWA" tab and switch PWA to "ON".
Then add the PWA metadata:
1. Add your App's "Short Name." (12 characters or less)
2. Add the "App Description"
3. Pick an icon from our library and style it or upload your own icon.
4. Choose the color of the "splash screen" which is the background color users see while your app is loading.
5. Choose if you want to use the default app install prompt, none at all, or a custom prompt. Below is the default prompt:
The hit "Save" and you have turned your mobile website into a PWA.