A Link Action is the most flexible Action. One can point to any URL, including a website, blog, survey, app, and generally anything. It's common to have multiple Link Actions on a page.
To create a Link Action, begin by selecting [New Action] from the "Editing" page to open the below modal. Then follow these steps:
- Under “Action Type” use the dropdown menu to choose the “Link” type action.
- Name your action so you can find it in your library for reuse on other pages.
- Under “URL” paste in the destination URL you want the Action to redirect to.
- Press [Fetch Data] to automatically pull existing metadata from that URL. If it’s what you want, you’re almost done. If not, then you can choose your metadata.
- Enter or update the “Title” message (optional)
- Enter or update the “Description” (optional)
- Upload a “preview Image” (optional) Note that when you upload an image, you can choose different image formats.
- As you add metadata, check Action’s Preview to see what it will look like.
- Choose the image position as “Side” or “Hero” and check the preview.
- If you want to schedule your action, then select the “Date Range” and enter start and stop dates. Be sure to choose the relative “Timezone” for the schedule.
- If you want the action to be recurring (i.e. only on certain days or certain times of the day), then choose the recurring option.
- When finished [Save] the Action to the Library and and you will return to the "Editing" Page.
- Then move the new Link Action to the desired position on the page and then [Save] it to the Page.