Style an app is simple
- Begin by adding a "Profile Image" and/or "Header Image" (Optional)
- Add a background image instead of, or in addition to a color background.
- Optionally add a Title and Bio/Description.
Note regarding the background image: These images are not optimized so very large images (e.g. 2+ Mb) can slow your app. The example above uses a small photo of a textured stone that is tiled across the screen to produce a nice background effect with minimal data load.
The background image controls are as follows:
Position: Positions the image at the top, center, or bottom of the app. A top position can create a banner effect.
Repeat: Repeats the image horizontally, vertically, or both, which means it is tiled in both directions.
Attachment: Controls whether the content will Scroll with the background or in front of a Fixed background.
Size: Keeps the images in its original size, stretches it to the nearest screen edge, or stretches it to cover all content, including off-screen content.
Tip: An optimal balance balanace between background image size and effect is to use the default setttings and a background image sized for a mobile screen (e.g. 640 pixels wide X 960 pixels tall). Mobile devices will be covered, while desktop customers will see three of the images repeated across the screen.
Color, Fonts and Page Layout
- Next, add color. The easiest way is to choose a color-coordinated template.
- If you do not like any of templates, choose one that is close and edit the colors you want to change.
- You can also reset to default and let your inner designer go wild with a custom theme. You can individually control the background color, the button/card color, the icon color, and the text colors. Also try different patterned gradients.
- Choose your preferred Font
- Finally, select how you want your content ot display on larger screens (i.e. desktop and tablet) -- in a single column, or in multiple columns.