A File Action allows a user to download a file that you upload to the platform. The file may be of any type (pdf, word doc, gif, etc) up to 10 Mb.
To create a File Action, begin by selecting [New Action] from the "Editing" page to open the below window. Then follow these steps:
- Choose Action Type "File."
- Name the Action to later find it in the Action Library
- Drag and drop or upload the target file
- Choose if you want the file to be stored on the user's device and available offline.
- Enter the Action's metadata (i.e. Title, Description, and Preview Image), which is your call-to-action message to the user. You can use any one element or combination of two or three.
- Review the "Preview Action" to make sure you like the look of the Action. If you have an image, you will also have the option of a Hero or Side image position. Try both.
- Schedule the Action if appropriate
- [Save] the Action to the Library, which will return you to the Editing page.
- Review the position of your new Action on the page, move it if needed, and then [Save] the page.