A Carousel Action allows one to add animation by having a carousel of actions automatically cycle through a position on a page. One add several Actions to a carousel and see each in sequence at a times interval. When selected, optionally the carousel can with link directly to the then visible Acton or to a subpage of all the actions in the Carousel.
One sets the background color of the Carousel window, the optional title text, the transition interval, and whether the transition is a slide or fade.
To create a Carousel Action, begin by selecting [New Action] from the "Editing" page to open the below window. Then follow these steps:
- Choose Action Type "Carousel."
- Name the Action to later find it in the Action Library.
- Add tags to the Action to keep your Library organized.
- Choose the Title for your Carousel Action. A title is optional, but when added, it will appear at the top of the Carousel window.
- Choose the background color of the Carousel window. The Carousel will visually distinct from other Actions in an app.
- Choose the text color to contract with the background color.
- Use the slider to choose the transition interval from one to 30 seconds.
- Select whether the transition will slide from right-to-left or fade.
- Select whether a the Carousel, when selected, will link directly to the then-visible Acton or to a subpage of all the actions in the Carousel
- The New Action button will allow you to create a new Action for your Carousel. Once created, saving the added Action will return you to the Carousel edit function, where you may add more actions or Save what you have done so far.
- The add "Existing Action" function lets you choose one or more existing Actions from the Action Library. Be sure and Save once added.
- The Actions you have added to the Subpage are displayed below the create Action buttons. You can rearrange their order by dragging their handle (=), and you can see their snap metrics by choosing the "Expand All" button.
- Check the preview of the Subpage Action to see how it will look on the page.
- Schedule the Subpage if appropriate.
- Be sure and Save the work on the Subpage, and then Save the new Action you have created to the main page. If you forget this second step, the new Subpage will be in the Action Library so you can easily add it later.