Begin by adding an app to your account. An app can be a digital business card, a social bio link, a digital brochure, or any mobile website or progressive web app (PWA).
Step 1: Tap [Create New App] from the dashboard Home screen
Use the URL-builder to create a custom URL for your app. The URL is your unique web address. It has two parts: 1) a domain and 2) an ID, and the ID can be positioned before or after the domain.
- Choose a Domain that fits your application from the list of options (e.g. agentlink.to, eguide.to, myapp.to, fan.to, eventapp.to, etc...)
- Select if your ID will be before or after the Domain
- Enter your uniqe ID and then tap [Create] to complete your URL
Once created, it's straightforward to build an app, which is a mobile-first application with vertically ordered elements called "Actions". One simply adds a list of Actions to build an app.
Step 2: Add Actions to your app
- Tap [+ New Action] and choose from the selection of 20+ Action types (e.g. Link, Call, Menu, File, In-app Message, etc). (Description of the available Actions: https://action-tutorial.tapps.to)
- Add the Action's destination (For a "Link" Action, this is a URL; For a "Call", it's a tel #; For an In-app Message, its both the messsage text and the Action to be performed when the user taps the message)
- Add the "Call-to-Action" -- the Title, Description, Icon, or Image that will invite the user to tap the link or initiate the call.
- Now, add as many more Actions as you want; use the drag handle to rearrange them as needed.
Step 3: Style your app
- Add a Profile and/or Header image
- Choose the color scheme for the app background and for the Actions
- Add a Title and Bio (or app description)
You have created a new app, but there is more you can do to enhance and manage it.
- Optionally make it a progressive web app (PWA) that will save to the home screen
- Choose your message and image for search engine and social preview cards
- Measure engagement to see which Actions are performing and replace those that are not
- Check metrics to see if you have a desktop audience and enhance the formatting for desktop.