Templates offer an easy way to start building your app.
When Editing an App, use the [App Templates] button to access the library of available templates.
You can scroll through all the templates, sort them by type (tag), or you can just paste in the template's URL if you know it.
When you find an interesting template, you tap "Try App" to test the template app.
If it's what you want, tap "Load Template."
Next, you can copy all of this template app, only its color theme, only its Style, only its Actions, or only selected Actions. Just choose the option you want:
- Complete App - replaces all styling and Actions in your current app. (this option overwrites all existing content)
- Color Theme - replaces only the app's colors. (does not affect other content)
- App Style - replaces app styling, including font, colors, and images used in the template app's header, profile or background. (Does not affect the Actions)
- App Actions - adds all the template's Actions into your existing app. (Does not affect any existing Actions)
- Selected Actions - allows you to choose specific Actions to copy and add to the Actions in your app. (Does not affect existing Actions)
These options give you the flexibility to start with a app that's a near fit, then add the Style of another template, and then finish by adding the a few select Actions from other templates.
Note that when an Action is copied from a template app, a tag is automatically added to identify the ID of the original app. This will make it easy to find these Actions in your Library and to know where they came from.
The pre-set tags in the template selector are:
action - template apps that have examples of each Action type.
bio - A social bio link or lnk page
colors - Templates with
dbc - digital business cards
ecard - digital versions of holiday or greeting cards
event - event apps
forms - form templates
free - Apps that only use Actions available to free users
guide - Product adn trael guides
hr - Apps used in human resources
leads - Apps with lead forms
misc - miscellaneous
portfolio - Apps that showcase a portfolio
product - Digital brochures, product guides, connected packaging
publish - blogs, poems, papers, and ebooks
qr - Shelftalkers, digital brochures and other links designed to launch from a QR code
realestate - real estate
sales - Sales enablement apps
smb - Small medium business
When selecting a Template, focus on the functionality rather of the app's "Style" (i.e., its color scheme, etc.). For example if you want a digital business card with separate contact menus for the employee and for the company, then find a template with two menus. Do not worry about the the content of the template's menu because you are going to substitute your content anyway.
Just find the template that is closest to what you want because it straightforward to adjust it afterward, when you can:
- Rearrange the Actions
- Delete any you do not want
- Change any Action into a different type
- Add new Actions
- Update the content of the copies Actions with your content
- Update the Style of your app
Note that any app can be a template. The template flag is located below the app's preview on the dashboard. Making an app a template is an easy way to copy apps between accounts.